The goal of Citizenship Counts is to create well-informed, responsible, and engaged citizens. The following are lessons that your students will gain as a result of completing our program:
1. Students will be able to explain the rights and responsibilities of American citizens.
2. Students will describe ways in which they can participate in service to their school and community.
3. Students will describe reasons why immigrants leave their countries to seek citizenship in the United States.
4. Students will increase their awareness of the characteristics, issues, & location of countries from which immigrants come.
5. Students will appreciate the importance of honoring differences in cultures, customs, ethnicities, and beliefs.
6. Students will describe how immigrants become citizens through the naturalization process.
7. Students will assist in planning a naturalization ceremony.
8. Students will complete the pre- and post-program surveys.